Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

run Os 10.13 on new MacBook Pro

I am considering replacing my mid 2011 MacBook Pro with a new machine. however there are some applications that will not run on the new os levels. Ie. Illustration v3 ( more than adequate for my needs). I was wondering can you set up a virtual machine to run an older OS v10.13 for example. In the same way you can run windows 10 on a virtual machine.

Any help please.

Dave

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 15, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 1:46 PM

Yes, you can run macOS High Sierra in a virtual machine guest on a new Mac. Easiest to set up with Parallels Desktop that will install directly from the Apple .dmg installer and provides better GPU support than VirtualBox, which is free. The latter requires the conversion of the Apple .dmg into an .iso before it will then install — not much fun in that though. Do not give the guest more than half your available RAM, or CPU cores (threads).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 1:46 PM in response to Davilind

Yes, you can run macOS High Sierra in a virtual machine guest on a new Mac. Easiest to set up with Parallels Desktop that will install directly from the Apple .dmg installer and provides better GPU support than VirtualBox, which is free. The latter requires the conversion of the Apple .dmg into an .iso before it will then install — not much fun in that though. Do not give the guest more than half your available RAM, or CPU cores (threads).

run Os 10.13 on new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.