Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 10.5, 6th gen is stuck on endless boot loops after software update 13.4.1.

IpadPro 10.5, 6th gen is stuck on endless boot loops after software update 13.4.1. I’ve searched threads and only thing I’ve not tried is a factory reset or restore via Itunes on a computer (and I don’t have one 😭). Ipad won’t stay on long enough for backup and I don’t want to lose any data. Please tell me there is a fix for this, there are so many posts regarding this Apple!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 6:57 AM

If your iPad is stuck in a boot-loop, your first action should be a forced-restart - which may clear the loop condition:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the iPad doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 6:57 AM in response to Mango_Lava

If your iPad is stuck in a boot-loop, your first action should be a forced-restart - which may clear the loop condition:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the iPad doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

Jun 4, 2020 8:00 PM in response to Sandycreek91

You need to contact Apple support, again.

Sorry to learn that your iPad has contracted this constant boot/re-boot loop issue after upgrading/updated to iPadOS 13.4.1.

This seems to be a growing and recurring issue with many iPads that have been updating to iPadOS 13.4.1

Unfortunately, Apple, currently, has NO fix or solution to this issue, to date!

Other users with this issue, that have actually called into Apple support about this issue, reported were only being offered in-warranty/expensive, out-of-warranty device replacement option, in lieu of Apple support not having an actual device fix or solution for what Apple support is diagnosing as some sort of internal hardware/software failure/fault with no recovery.

Sorry.

You are free and welcome to submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

You can post multiple feedback on this iPadOS/iPad boot loop issue as many times as you like to help get Apple's attention on this issue

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple, in California, is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

If no one posts feedback to Apple, Apple will have NO clue that there are any types of issues with their hardware or software products!

Also, I STRONGLY suggest contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer phone support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior Apple customer support staff employees to see if they can come up with a more amiable/amenable solution to this iPad boot loop issue, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, at least, logs all support calls and issues.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Jun 4, 2020 11:05 PM in response to MichelPM

I had exactly the same problem after upgrading to 13.4.1, it disappeared after re-installing 13.3.1 and then re-appeared after an auto update to 13.5! I have tried everything including a clean restore in DFU mode using 13.5.1 but the problem persists. I can't go back to 13.3.1 now as the software file is no longer "signed" by Apple making it useless. I can't believe there has not been a fix for this. I now have an essentially unusable expensive paperweight!

Jun 9, 2020 12:50 PM in response to Mango_Lava

I've been presuming the url address I'm trying to reach...the only one that puts me in a loop...is the one at fault. Our statewide electric power utility. For all the reasons you probably imagine. #1 in my mind being they may be ignoring there now is an iPadOS separate from iOS. Only dropping by Support have I found others with this problem.

Since this only happens once a month, my wife reminds me the solution is to pay the electric bill online with my MacBook, not the iPad. :-]

Jun 9, 2020 7:38 PM in response to MichelPM

Hard to give you a serious answer. I related what happened. Accurately. I don't consider my possible conjecture out of the ordinary given the incompetence of many corporate IT depts. I only have the continuing loop with one url - and o/nly on the iPad. Like all my devices, everything is up-to-date.

I save sarcasm for politics...though rarely use it. Most Americans don't get it.

iPad Pro 10.5, 6th gen is stuck on endless boot loops after software update 13.4.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.