Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mail will not download new o365 email

I have this issue in the last few weeks where Mac Mail no longer reliably pulls down new email from O365.

I can see in Outlook online that I have new email, across various folders but those emails do not show up for sometimes 8-10 hours in the mac client.

The activity window shows it connects but finds no messages.

The connection doctor does not show anything is wrong. Logging connection activity never yields anything other than a zero-byte file.

I can send email out, that goes but receiving doesn't show anything.

I have tried rebuilding mailboxes and that can download what is missing but then it leaves out whole sections of my mailbox. e.g. Messages in inbox now back maybe 30 days, and then nothing else.

I have tried deleting the v7 mbox files to see if that makes a difference and that does not fix it.

In console I see a lot of:

error 11:44:35.983850-0500 Mail Received XPC error Connection invalid for message type 3 kCFNetworkAgentXPCMessageTypePACQuery

error 11:44:36.425348-0500 Mail nw_proxy_resolver_create_parsed_array [C292 proxy pac] Evaluation error: kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork: 308

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 20, 2020 9:51 AM

12 replies

May 21, 2020 6:00 AM in response to dweix

I’ve had the same issue since yesterday morning. I have deleted the account on all devices and factory reset mail and still have the same issue. As stated, if I click on rebuild it does download the latest mail. Other email accounts work fine.

The same problem is duplicated on all my Macs leading me to believe it may be a Microsoft change as I don’t see any recent changes to my Mac.

I’m going to blackout my last system update and try the client again to confirm.

May 21, 2020 11:31 AM in response to dangermen

I have tested the Mac OS Mojave client, and it's working, but not on Catalina.

Mojave Mail client 12.4 (3445.104.11)

Catalina Mail Client 13.4 (3608.8023.2.2)

I have an admin in the office that was using Catalina and Outlook for Mac (No issues), Started up his Apple Mail, and hasn't had the experience. I have had my credentials reset, and I have moved mail from the inbox, the count is down from 40K to 6K items.

I have deleted the mail, cache, and com files to factory reset the mailbox (after credentials reset) and removed the exchange account. I'm still having the same issue on all systems.

At this point, it doesn't appear to be a Microsoft issue. Any suggestions?

May 22, 2020 7:21 AM in response to tilmant

well, it could still be an MS thing. Is Mail using a different authentication endpoint? What I am seeing right now is that mail is taking forever to sync up. My mailbox is 16GB and while after the wipe-resync it appears a bit better, sync is still really really slow. It also appears I need to shut down mail and restart it. At that time, the 'activity' window shows it's doing something again too.

May 22, 2020 7:40 PM in response to dangermen

It could still be Microsoft; however, my testing is pointing to something unstable in 10.15.4. As I indicated in my last post, I was able to run it on Mojave and have now created two VM's with 10.15 and 10.15.3. Both VM's are running without issues, and there are no delay in their sync.

Surprisingly enough, all three of my Macs with 10.15.4 started to receive emails last night, but I notice that the activity window would hang on connecting, then again on checking Mac for extended periods of time (up to 15 minutes). It also took long periods of time to move files around. As of this evening, two have stopped getting new mail, and one does, but there is about a 5-10 minute delay from the VM's. From my perspective, this is a problem with 15.4.

Since 15.5 went into beta five early this week, I'm expecting a public release within the next week or two. So I'm not sure how much time I want to put in to open a ticket with Apple until I see if 15.5 fixes the issue.

Mac mail will not download new o365 email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.