Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing a device under AppleCare+ while stores are closed during Covid-19?

My iPad is covered under AppleCare+, and has sustained accidental damage. I understand that the normal process to make a claim and receive a product replacement under AppleCare+, is to go to an Apple Store, and they replace the product then and there.

However, due to Covid-19, the Apple Stores where I live are all closed until further notice. How can I get my product replaced? My AppleCare+ term will end soon and I'd like to get my iPad replaced ASAP.

Help please

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 3:28 PM

Depending upon your region, Apple Stores are beginning to reopen.

If your local Store is yet to reopen, you can directly contact Apple Support to seek assistance. The Contact Support link is at top-right of this page.

5 replies

Jun 15, 2020 4:29 PM in response to JaiHanumanji

I believe that even under normal circumstances, your only options would be to go to an Apple Store or contact support for a replacement. You can send your device in and Apple will send you another one under the Apple Care + plan, however, you should not hesitate to get in touch with Apple if the plan is ready to expire.

There are no other options.

Replacing a device under AppleCare+ while stores are closed during Covid-19?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.