Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an email from a friend most of the time bounces back

The internet provider Cogeco tells me that it has to be solved by my internet provider

Let me show the messages that I got from Cogeco

• Dear Maria K.,
  • Thank you for contacting Cogeco Technical Support. We appreciate the opportunity to help you.

• According to the information included in the bounce back message you received the ip address  is being blocked due to spam. This is not an indicator that your email is sending spam but rather that your email provider's domain has been flagged as a sender of spam emails. This is very possibly a false positive but that provider would be responsible for fixing that status. If you reach out to them and provide them with the bounce back info they should be able to resolve the issue that has resulted in the block and get your emails flowing through regularly again.
  • Regards,
  • Cogeco Technical Support

This is the message that I got when the emails that I send to Don McLean are bouncing back

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Date: June 29, 2020 at 11:26:38 AM EDT

This is a system-generated message to inform you that your email could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. Details of the email and the error are as follows:

host said: 554 5.7.1 Service
   unavailable; Client host [17.58.63.179] blocked using
  Threat Look Up URL:
  / Threat Found: Spam
   Sources (in reply to RCPT TO command)
Reporting-MTA: dns; 
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: A0AD***C3E
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; 
Arrival-Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 15:26:30 +0000 (UTC)

Final-Recipient: rfc822;
Original-Recipient: rfc822;
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; 
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host
   blocked using; Threat Look Up URL:
   / Threat Found: Spam
   Sources

Please tell me if you can decipher this issue because I need to communicate in a regular basis with Don McLean and it is very annoying when the email bounces back

Thank you very much Maria K.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 5:09 PM

It's thinking the email is spam. You may have to reach out to Apple Support for further intervention - Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply

an email from a friend most of the time bounces back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.