Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to network computer

After updating my MacBook Air to ios 11 (beta), Big Sur, I can no longer connect to my Mac Mini (El Capitan) through finder. I can view the Mini in the finder and I can screen share it on my Air, but when I attempt to connect to it to view files, I get an error message claiming "There was a problem connecting to the server “xxxx". I have rebooted both computers and also my router. Any ideas? Thanx in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 2:55 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 14, 2020 6:17 PM in response to Barney-15E

Not being a “smart ***”, but thanx for the polite response. I really only wanted help, not a lecture on what I did wrong. A simple correction that my question couldn’t be answered here would have sufficed, but I guess your stern response gets the point across quicker. Again I apologize for upsetting you, I’ll stay away from help in this forum in the future.

Connecting to network computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.