Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home movies on Apple TV

So I’ve read through the forum.. my computer and Apple TV both have home sharing on with the same wifi network on both. But home movies doesn’t come out on the top inside the movie app where all my purchases are. I figured out that if you add your home movies to music videos it comes out in the computer app on the Apple TV home screen.. it took me all day to figure it out but I got it. My question is tho.. how do you get these videos to play on the Apple TV app on my roku tv? It’s a movie I ripped from dvd that works perfectly using the method I explained above.. that isn’t available in any other version other than DVD. I was able to rip it to my MacBook and it plays fine on the laptop itself and on the actual Apple TV.. but I can’t get it to appear in the app on the roku tv. Please help? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:51 PM

Sorry your home movies will not play on the Apple TV app on your Roku. You are correct, on Apple TV they will appear and play on in the Computers app You will need to ask Roku if they have some method of streaming your home movies. Also, is the movie your ripped from a DVD a commercial movie or another home movie?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 9:51 PM in response to bloominfaery

Sorry your home movies will not play on the Apple TV app on your Roku. You are correct, on Apple TV they will appear and play on in the Computers app You will need to ask Roku if they have some method of streaming your home movies. Also, is the movie your ripped from a DVD a commercial movie or another home movie?

Sep 14, 2020 10:20 PM in response to rkaufmann87

It’s a dvd. This movie isn’t available on any other format.. and before anyone jumps on me I read that it’s legal to copy it for personal use.. as long as I don’t sell it which I’m not lol I own the dvd.. I’ve just always wanted a digital copy of this film.. and the program I used made an “hd copy” that actually looks better than the dvd on a large tv. I’ve seen mirroring apps but the quality is so horrible.. I wish there was a way around it 🙁

Home movies on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.