Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail program keeps changing all flags to red

Hello,

The mail program on the iPad Pro, OS14.0.1, keeps changing all my flags to red. This question was asked previously, but there was no solution offered. This was not occurring on previous versions.

Cheers - Jeff

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 5:36 PM

Hello Ozfever,

We certainly understand your concern, and its always a good idea to backup your device regularly. Removing the account is just removing it from the device, and then you can add it back. If the issue remains after trying this step, we suggest reaching out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 5:36 PM in response to Ozfever

Hello Ozfever,

We certainly understand your concern, and its always a good idea to backup your device regularly. Removing the account is just removing it from the device, and then you can add it back. If the issue remains after trying this step, we suggest reaching out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Oct 1, 2020 7:48 PM in response to Ozfever

Hello Ozfever,

We see that you have a question about the color of your flags in mail changing colors. We'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's have you force close the Mail app, restart the iPad and test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

If the issue remains, respond back with some more details. Does this happen immediately when flagging an email? Is this happening with all flagged mail, or just ones from specific contacts? If you check your mail from a web browser, does it appear the same?

Oct 2, 2020 9:22 AM in response to Ozfever

Hello Ozfever,

Thanks for trying those steps. We would like to get some more details.

• Is this happening with all flagged mail, or just ones from specific contacts? 
  • Does this happen immediately when flagging an email?
  • If you check your mail from a web browser, does it appear the same?

The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to get you pointed in the right direction.

Oct 2, 2020 9:57 AM in response to Ozfever

Hello Ozfever,

We appreciate those details. Next, let's have you remove the mail account from your iPad and add it back. The steps below will guide you through, if needed.

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts
  2. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
  3. Tap Delete Account.
  4. Then add the account back.

If the issue remains after removing and adding the account back, you'd want to reach out to Apple Support.

Get Support

Oct 2, 2020 9:28 AM in response to KMB_12

“Does this happen immediately when flagging an email?”

not immediately, but within minutes of changing.

“Is this happening with all flagged mail, or just ones from specific contacts?”

Only emails received, not ones that I create.

“If you check your mail from a web browser, does it appear the same?”

I do not see flags in Mail using a web browser on my iPad.

Oct 2, 2020 12:30 PM in response to KMB_12

Hi Kareng12

“Tap Delete Account!”

I understand deleting an app on my iPad and re-downloading it to resolve some problems. Done that many times. But deleting my main mail account? What are the consequences? Will adding the account back again reconnect to all of my emails in iCloud or will I have to recover them from a recent backup? Just a bit concerned. Making a back up right now.

Oct 3, 2020 9:50 PM in response to KMB_12

Karehg12,

Thank you, thank you! That solved the issue. One note: there is no “Delete Account” at the bottom of my selected email account. The button there states “Sign Out”. A much less intimidating action than “Delete Account”. All flags now work as expected. Thanks again. Cheers - Jeff

Mail program keeps changing all flags to red

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.