Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health 88% on brand new ipad 2020

I bought a new iPad 2020 yesterday, brand new, out of the box and today I checked the battery health with iMazing and it's health is "Average" at 88%. I bought a new iPad as the battery on the old one was seriously bad after many years and it kept dying when using it after a few minutes without a cable.

I've checked the battery life of my iPhone 7+ which is a few years old now and it's around 80%.

This is unacceptable. What can I do?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 4:19 AM

If you have purchased a new iPad with a battery that is genuinely in this condition - you would be well advised to return it to your retailer if you can.

If purchased from Apple, you would be wise to confirm that your third-party application is reliably reporting the battery condition. You might contact Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic - or visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store where the technicians can run diagnostics.

Apple Support can be contacted directly using the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can use the excellent Apple Support App to open a support case:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-store/id375380948

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 4:19 AM in response to Witchy47

If you have purchased a new iPad with a battery that is genuinely in this condition - you would be well advised to return it to your retailer if you can.

If purchased from Apple, you would be wise to confirm that your third-party application is reliably reporting the battery condition. You might contact Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic - or visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store where the technicians can run diagnostics.

Apple Support can be contacted directly using the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can use the excellent Apple Support App to open a support case:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-store/id375380948

Battery health 88% on brand new ipad 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.