Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot install macOS Catalina on my iMAC. It stops mid-installation and informs me an error has occurred. This is my 6th attempt

After 6 attempts, I still cannot install macOS Catalina on my iMac. It stops after about 3 minutes to inform be that an error has occurred and to try later. At one juncture, it directed that I restart the computer. Still no success.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:23 AM

What year is the computer and does it qualify for Catalina ? If yes, try restarting computer in Safe Mode ( Shift key ) immediately at startup. Still not go, the internal drive does require at least 20+ GB free and empty space

Similar questions

1 reply

I cannot install macOS Catalina on my iMAC. It stops mid-installation and informs me an error has occurred. This is my 6th attempt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.