Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail messages don't load on first try often, sometimes never

Hi,

I've had this issue with Mac Mail for months and I cannot find a solution after searching the community.

This is what is happening -- when a new mail arrives, it appears in my Inbox but when I click on the email to read it, it does not load the body of the email immediately. It would take about 3-5 minutes before the body of the email appears and only after several retries. Even opening of old emails has this behavior. This is a Mac Mini with High Sierra v10.13.5.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 6:47 PM

Try rebuilding the affected Mailbox, or all Mailboxes, according to Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

2 replies

Mail messages don't load on first try often, sometimes never

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.