Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Set Up Apple Pay on MacBookPro

Received MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) and while going through the SetUp process, when it got to the ApplePay/AppleWallet it stated that "Something Went Wrong" and would not let me continue. I tried to then set it up by going to System Preferences and received the same message.

How do I go about setting this up on my "Brand New to Me" computer

Any Assistance Will Be Greatly Appreciated

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 7:56 AM

To add a card to Apple Pay, you need a Mac model with Touch ID. On Mac models without built-in Touch ID, you can complete your purchase using Apple Pay on your eligible iPhone or Apple Watch: On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and turn on Allow Payments on Mac.

Here's how to add a card to your Mac model with Touch ID:

1. On your Mac model with Touch ID, go to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay.
  2. Tap Add Card.3,6
  3. Follow the steps to add a new card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with your Apple ID, just enter its security code.
  4. Tap Next. Your bank or card issuer will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask you for it. When you have the information, go back to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay and tap your card.
  5. After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next. Then start using Apple Pay.

See how to add Apple Card to Wallet on your Mac.4

And learn what to do if you can't add your card to Wallet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2020 7:56 AM in response to FLHTCU-RN

To add a card to Apple Pay, you need a Mac model with Touch ID. On Mac models without built-in Touch ID, you can complete your purchase using Apple Pay on your eligible iPhone or Apple Watch: On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and turn on Allow Payments on Mac.

Here's how to add a card to your Mac model with Touch ID:

1. On your Mac model with Touch ID, go to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay.
  2. Tap Add Card.3,6
  3. Follow the steps to add a new card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with your Apple ID, just enter its security code.
  4. Tap Next. Your bank or card issuer will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask you for it. When you have the information, go back to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay and tap your card.
  5. After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next. Then start using Apple Pay.

See how to add Apple Card to Wallet on your Mac.4

And learn what to do if you can't add your card to Wallet.

Cannot Set Up Apple Pay on MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.