Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lot of Traffic and Payload from com.apple.WebKit.Networking after Full System Restore

In my professional work, I often have to install different OS versions from Apple to test and develop software. I use Time Capsule to switch my system to a different version of OS and software. I noticed that after resetting the system, e.g. a lot of traffic is generated on an earlier version from 3 months ago, which can also be followed via thousands of console messages. The data traffic that Apple generates is so high that normal Internet use is not possible because Apple occupies the entire bandwidth. The content channels will probably be updated here. How can I stop this process? (I would like to work with virtual machines to test software under other OS versions, but this is unfortunately prohibited by Apple for licensing reasons). Thank you in advance.

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 10:32 AM

Hello tkreutz,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that Apple is occupying a large amount of bandwidth when you are testing features on different OS versions. This article will provide you with the recommend settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points that provided the best performance with Apple products which you may find helpful:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 10:32 AM in response to tkreutz

Hello tkreutz,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that Apple is occupying a large amount of bandwidth when you are testing features on different OS versions. This article will provide you with the recommend settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points that provided the best performance with Apple products which you may find helpful:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Lot of Traffic and Payload from com.apple.WebKit.Networking after Full System Restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.