Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won't accept scheduled reminders

Hi!

Recently, my watch has stopped accepting scheduled reminders via Siri. If I say something like "Hey Siri, at 1pm reminder me to check the laundry", I get something like "Something's wrong. Please try again later."

All of my devices are up to date and I have tried restarting my watch, but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 4:13 PM

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure what the problem may be, and I've not been able to duplicate your problem. I used the exact verbiage your quoted in your original post and it created the timed event right away. Of course, since it is already past 1:00pm, it created it for tomorrow. I also tried the message you quoted in your second response and it created a reminder for one hour from now.

Generally, Siri will only respond with a problem message if there is difficulty connecting to the internet. I have an Apple Watch Series 6 with watchOS v7.3, and an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.4.

At this point, if resetting the Watch did not help, I would suggest trying to turn off Siri, then power the iPhone off and back on again, then turn Siri back on again and test it. If that does not help, then use the Contact Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support for assistance. I cannot think of anything else to do.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 4:13 PM in response to oobitsa

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure what the problem may be, and I've not been able to duplicate your problem. I used the exact verbiage your quoted in your original post and it created the timed event right away. Of course, since it is already past 1:00pm, it created it for tomorrow. I also tried the message you quoted in your second response and it created a reminder for one hour from now.

Generally, Siri will only respond with a problem message if there is difficulty connecting to the internet. I have an Apple Watch Series 6 with watchOS v7.3, and an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.4.

At this point, if resetting the Watch did not help, I would suggest trying to turn off Siri, then power the iPhone off and back on again, then turn Siri back on again and test it. If that does not help, then use the Contact Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support for assistance. I cannot think of anything else to do.

Feb 11, 2021 7:52 AM in response to oobitsa

Have you tried changing the way you say the request? Such as "Hey Siri, remind me to check the laundry at 1:00pm." Are you able to use Siri to set any reminders at all on the Watch? You can try resetting the Watch, which will not have any impact on your data. Press and hold the Digital Crown and the power button together until you see the Apple logo and release. The Watch will reboot. After it finishes connecting, try again.

Apple Watch won't accept scheduled reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.