Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long time iPhone user. My iPhone 4 is overheating!?!?!

Ok, I'll try this again:

Yesterday evening, my iPhone gave me an overheat warning. It was at night, while in my 73 degree house. I'm in Florida where it's been 100 for like a week, and the phone overheats in my pocket when it's only 73 degrees? Any ideas?

Recommended change to the OS: When I get a text, the phone makes noise and vibrates. It might be a good idea for you to include these features when the phone is displaying serious errors. I only caught this because I took it out of my pocket at the moment the message was popping up, but it could have been overheating constantly and I wouldn't know.

Constructive now?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Also iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4, Windows7 2xXeon w/4GB RAM, 1GB Vid, 4 TB HDDs

Posted on Jul 29, 2010 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2010 7:58 AM

Constructive: Make an appointment with the Genius Bar at Apple and they'll likely replace it. The phone should not be overheating in a 73 degree environment.
5 replies

Jul 29, 2010 8:57 AM in response to Nerfherder

Nerfherder wrote:
Ok, I'll try this again:

Yesterday evening, my iPhone gave me an overheat warning. It was at night, while in my 73 degree house. I'm in Florida where it's been 100 for like a week, and the phone overheats in my pocket when it's only 73 degrees?

Probably warmer in your pocket due to body heat and humidity. But I agree with take it to Apple.

Phil

Aug 1, 2010 11:21 AM in response to Nerfherder

Well, I contacted Apple and got to a support supervisor. Basically, they had me wipe my phone and then reinstall all my apps and everything from scratch. I hadn't had the error since, but I only got it once, so who knows what that means. I'm continuing to keep an eye on it and hope this resolves my issue(s). I'll let you all know what comes of all this, but I'm starting to think there may just be something wrong with this phone.

Long time iPhone user. My iPhone 4 is overheating!?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.