Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW do I buy a book on books.apple.com?

WHY can't I buy a book on books.apple.com? The page for the book has a price but NO option to buy it at all. And also doesn't say what ebook format it is.

What kind of a store doesn't let you buy anything?

I'm not even allowed to ask how to buy something via a LAPTOP COMPUTER. Do the techs at Apple not believe in computers anymore? Did they deliberately design this website to be incompatible with all of Windows? What the fucking ****?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 2:35 PM

11 replies

Mar 13, 2021 4:34 PM in response to zoon33

The "Related Article" explains how you can purchase books using the "Books App."

"Explore the Book Store

Search for and purchase books from a variety of categories and genres from the Book Store.

Browse books on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

1. Open the Books app and tap Book Store at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Browse the top charts or books recommended for you. Or tap Browse Sections to see book store sections like Coming Soon or genres like Young Adult or Nonfiction. You can also tap the Search tab to search for specific titles, authors, narrators, and more.
  3. Tap a book. You can tap Sample to read a preview of the book, or tap Want to Read to add it to your Want to Read list in the Reading Now tab.

You can tap Buy and confirm the purchase of your book. All of your books, book series, PDFs, and audiobooks that you've purchased from the Book Store or Audiobook Store or manually added to your device appear under the Library tab."

Mar 13, 2021 5:41 PM in response to zoon33

zoon33 wrote:
I am so ******* tired of asking for help online and being spit on by robots copy-pasteing mindless answers that are utterly unrelated to my question.

To be honest your question was vague. Your animosity is palpable. A follow up question would have been sufficient for me to understand what you were really looking for.

Apple Books Alternatives for Windows

Mar 13, 2021 4:59 PM in response to zoon33

This website forced me to say it's a question about iphones because it has NO category for actual, real computers. But I said clearly: how do I buy on a laptop computer with Windows?

I am so fucking tired of asking for help online and being spit on by robots copy-pasteing mindless answers that are utterly unrelated to my question.

Mar 13, 2021 8:36 PM in response to zoon33

zoon33 wrote:

It's what I was afraid of - Windows users are not allowed to buy a book sold on Apple Books. I will try to find an epub reader that works on Windows.

When you go to a bookstore (or a public library which has ebooks), they will tell you what app you need to read them. The Apple Book Store has a Requirements section on every purchase page that lists the devices. For Amazon books, which is the most common alternative, you use the Kindle app, which has versions available for Windows and other platforms.

HOW do I buy a book on books.apple.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.