Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing problem in Preview since Big Sur

Hello everyone !

Since I migrated to Big Sur, I can't re-edit some previously edited area of a PDF reopening the PDF. Is this normal ? This wasn't the case on previous OS version right ?

Both Edit are done exclusively in Preview.

Thanks for your help.

J

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:46 PM

Does the hand icon appear when you hover over an annotation?

I've tried everything to replicate your problem and I cannot. All of my annotations are still editable.

A couple troubleshooting ideas to see where the problem may be isolated:

1. Boot into Safe Mode and see if you still have the problem. May have to annotate a new PDF (or add new annotations to existing PDF).
  2. Use the Guest account and see what happens. Don't log out of the guest account, just annotate a PDF, then close and re-open.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 12:46 PM in response to N2F

Does the hand icon appear when you hover over an annotation?

I've tried everything to replicate your problem and I cannot. All of my annotations are still editable.

A couple troubleshooting ideas to see where the problem may be isolated:

1. Boot into Safe Mode and see if you still have the problem. May have to annotate a new PDF (or add new annotations to existing PDF).
  2. Use the Guest account and see what happens. Don't log out of the guest account, just annotate a PDF, then close and re-open.

Editing problem in Preview since Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.