Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS Mail super slow after 14.4.2 upgrade

'Upgraded' my iphone SE to 14.4.2 and now the mail app takes 10 seconds to update unread email list after opening. The icon shows there are new unread messages. Launch the app and wait 10 seconds before they are displayed.

Count to 10 now................That is an eternity for an email list refresh.

I hate upgrades. Always something gets broken.

phil

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 2:16 AM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 2:16 AM in response to Captain 3D

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Mar 31, 2021 5:44 PM in response to Captain 3D

You cannot roll back the upgrade now. Apple does not support downgrading of iOS, and older versions are no longer being signed. If you believe this to be an iOS issue, have you noticed others experiencing the same issue you are having? I've not seen anyone reporting this delay in mail retrieval. While I don't have an iPhone SE, I do have iOS 14.4.2 installed on my iPhone and have not seen an issue with mail delivery.

Mar 31, 2021 7:32 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I just rolled back to 14.4.1 (as it is still signed by apple) and the email delay issue is fixed.

It was not mail delivery but more teh app just not responding or doing something for 10 seconds before it would refresh the view to display the new emails.

I guess if I want to really test I could upgrade again to 14.4.2 and see if it breaks again. If I get the energy tomorrow I may try it.

phil

IOS Mail super slow after 14.4.2 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.