Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to Apple Configurator

We have a Apple Business Manager account, a Jamf account, our devices (ipads) are showing up in both places. Trying to set up any device as "Supervised", to do this the docs say use the Mac Apple Configurator 2. Downloaded and installed on my mac. The problem I am having is when I try signing in to Apple Configurator with a Business Manager account it shows a dialog that says:

This apple id has not been used with the Volume Purchase Program for Business. Please click continue to configure this account for use on the Enterprise Store.

Clicking the Continue then opens the App Store on my mac, signing in with the account then displays:

Your Apple Id can't be used in this store. This Apple id is associated with Apple Business Manager.

Clicking Go To Apple Business Manager opens up Apple Business Manager. Ok now what? I see nothing about Volume Purchase or the Enterprise Store in Apple Business Manager. How do I enable this account to use Apple Configurator?

Or am I hitting this all wrong?

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 10:04 AM

You are missing a role in Apple Business Manager. Depending on how your user is set up, you can be an Administrator (access to everything), People Manager (manage contacts and accounts), Device Enrollment Manager (manage and enroll devices), Content Manager (purchase apps and books), and Staff (can use devices and assigned apps/books).

You can find more about the roles and the specific permissions for your organization here: https://business.apple.com/#main/roles

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 10:04 AM in response to Traverse1000

You are missing a role in Apple Business Manager. Depending on how your user is set up, you can be an Administrator (access to everything), People Manager (manage contacts and accounts), Device Enrollment Manager (manage and enroll devices), Content Manager (purchase apps and books), and Staff (can use devices and assigned apps/books).

You can find more about the roles and the specific permissions for your organization here: https://business.apple.com/#main/roles

Can't sign in to Apple Configurator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.