Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I give Siri a new name

can I give my phone a nickname

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 1:16 PM

Hello marquelityson,

Unfortunately, you cannot change the name of Siri but you can change what it calls you buy saying “hey Siri, call me…” You also can change the voice Siri uses. Change Siri settings on iPhone - Apple Support

If you are having difficulty with Siri recognizing you saying “Hey Siri” you can get better recognition by re-setting up Siri. If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you would rather not use “hey Siri” at all you can turn it off and instead use the Side or Home Button Ask Siri on iPhone - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 1:16 PM in response to marquelltyson

Hello marquelityson,

Unfortunately, you cannot change the name of Siri but you can change what it calls you buy saying “hey Siri, call me…” You also can change the voice Siri uses. Change Siri settings on iPhone - Apple Support

If you are having difficulty with Siri recognizing you saying “Hey Siri” you can get better recognition by re-setting up Siri. If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you would rather not use “hey Siri” at all you can turn it off and instead use the Side or Home Button Ask Siri on iPhone - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Can I give Siri a new name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.