Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes in Mac doesn't recognize my new iPhone when I connect it

I have recently purchased a new iPhone 12. My computer is a MacBook Pro 13" running MacOS High Sierra. When I connect my iPhone to the computer with a USB cable, iTunes doesn't recognize the device. Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 7:42 PM

Don't rush into an OS upgrade just yet. High Sierra should work. See if you have any iTunes updates waiting first. Install any iTunes updates before doing a system upgrade.

Did you get an advisory like the one shown in this Apple article:

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If so simply accept the update. It does not change you Mac OS level. It only applies a small patch to enable iTunes to continue to manage, sync, and backup your phone as before.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 7:42 PM in response to Sooty47

Don't rush into an OS upgrade just yet. High Sierra should work. See if you have any iTunes updates waiting first. Install any iTunes updates before doing a system upgrade.

Did you get an advisory like the one shown in this Apple article:

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If so simply accept the update. It does not change you Mac OS level. It only applies a small patch to enable iTunes to continue to manage, sync, and backup your phone as before.

Jul 17, 2021 2:01 AM in response to Sooty47

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Unistallers,etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation.

Per chance - is " CleanMyMac " installed as it will fall into the above outlined Category and should be removed as per the Developers Specific Instruction.

iTunes in Mac doesn't recognize my new iPhone when I connect it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.