Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Utilities

I reset my MacBook (early 2016). I try to reinstall it on my own but I don’t know how to do the disk utility or work with OS XUtilities?

how much would apple charge me to get it fix?

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:08 PM

liset112 Said:

"OSX Utilities: I reset my MacBook (early 2016). I try to reinstall it on my own but I don’t know how to do the disk utility or work with OS XUtilities? how much would apple charge me to get it fix?"

-------

See if this Site Helps: How to Reinstall the macOS Anew - No TMB Prior to Upgrade - User Tip. Format the hard drive with Big Sur, on step D.

In Depth:

Pretty much, it is a matter of:

1. Erasing: and formatting your hard drive to APFS
  2. Installing: Big Sur via a USB Bootable Installer
  3. Restoring: info from a Time Machine Backup, using Migration Assistan
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 10:08 PM in response to liset112

liset112 Said:

"OSX Utilities: I reset my MacBook (early 2016). I try to reinstall it on my own but I don’t know how to do the disk utility or work with OS XUtilities? how much would apple charge me to get it fix?"

-------

See if this Site Helps: How to Reinstall the macOS Anew - No TMB Prior to Upgrade - User Tip. Format the hard drive with Big Sur, on step D.

In Depth:

Pretty much, it is a matter of:

1. Erasing: and formatting your hard drive to APFS
  2. Installing: Big Sur via a USB Bootable Installer
  3. Restoring: info from a Time Machine Backup, using Migration Assistan

OSX Utilities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.