Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unstable monitor connection MacBook Pro

Hi guys,

I use my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) with two external monitors. USB C -> HDMI cable and HP EliteDisplay E243 monitor. I always have a stable connection from Thunderbolt port 1 and an unstable connection from Thunderbolt port 2. The monitor connected to port 2 blacks out every once in a while, and sometimes the monitor stays black. Only way to get it back to function is to disconnect and connect the USB C cable.

Any idea why, and how to solve this issue?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 6:51 AM

Toby_NO wrote:

Hi guys,

I use my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) with two external monitors. USB C -> HDMI cable and HP EliteDisplay E243 monitor. I always have a stable connection from Thunderbolt port 1 and an unstable connection from Thunderbolt port 2. The monitor connected to port 2 blacks out every once in a while, and sometimes the monitor stays black. Only way to get it back to function is to disconnect and connect the USB C cable.

You can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 6:51 AM in response to Toby_NO

Toby_NO wrote:

Hi guys,

You can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Unstable monitor connection MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.