Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and associated nerve pain

I was just reading comments on nerve pain from 2018 and this is 2021 and I’m having the same issue with my Apple Watch purchased in DEC 2020.

I was wearing mine every day and into the night and I often changed wrists to avoid any pressure issues.

Recently while wearing my watch on my left wrist I started having a really intense burning pain in my thumb and no amount of rubbing or massaging my thumb would help. It would eventually stop shooting the burning pain only to start up again unexpectedly.

I moved my watch to my right wrist and my thumb pain stopped!

Then I started having horrible radiating pain in my right shoulder that would run up and down my arm (lower side of arm). That went on for more days and nights until I removed my watch again and kept it off. The pain was gone by the next morning.

I have not worn my watch for over a week now and have had no burning pain in my left thumb or radiating pain in my shoulder and arm.

I had not suspected the watch as the problem but decided to check on the Apple website to see if anyone else had experienced the same type of issues. Obviously these issues have been going on and have been reported for at least a couple of years now.

Does anyone know if Apple is looking into these nerve and muscle issues and not just fobbing it off as we are all wearing our watches too tight?

Thanks!

Apple Watch SE, 7

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 12:58 AM

Take the watch off and consult your doctor,this is a medical problem.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch and associated nerve pain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.