Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 rear camera blurry

Hi,

I recently got the iphone 4 and have converted from Blackberry. I was looking forward to the rear camera, however, I have found that any photos taken with the rear camera, come our blurry. I have tried with the flash on, off and auto.

I am tapping on the screen to focus however it will not focus like images I have seen.

I have been searching the internet, however am not able to find anything showing that others are having the same issue as me so it must be something I am not doing correctly. Could you please assist.

Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 3, 2010 4:16 PM

15 replies

Aug 3, 2010 4:45 PM in response to AndyT09

Yeah I have taken the covers off the front and back. I dont have a case yet and I have tried cleaning the lens.

It has been like it since I got the phone.

When I take images closes up, the image is fine. It is when they are at a distance of more than about 10cms where the image starts getting blurred.

Message was edited by: AndyT09

Aug 9, 2010 7:10 PM in response to AndyT09

I'm having similar issues with blurry images taken with the rear facing camera. I did some very unscientific tests with a friend of mine who also has an iPhone 4 and my photos definitely looked to be in soft focus compared to his. I will say though that it does seem erratic, I do occasionally get a sharp focused image. I am also wondering if I am expecting too much since I am used to images taken with my Nikon D90. But then again even the images taken with my 3G weren't as blurry.

I think I will try the software restore someone mentioned, can't hurt.

Sep 8, 2010 12:43 AM in response to netGuru

You guys aren't crazy and I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one as well! It's pretty disappointing to have this issue with a phone that I've known to take great pics- sometimes better than normal cameras. I've already restored the phone a ton of times already b/c of the sync issue with certain chipsets which forced me to sync with my other laptop. I really hope this is a software issue that can be fixed via update. I've been looking for an app that can alleviate this stupid blurry photo issue. Anyone have any knowledge on the issue?

Nov 13, 2010 1:21 PM in response to netGuru

the same thing happened to me, I had my iPhone 4 like that since day one (when it came out) and just went into the Genius Bar last week to show them the issue. Apparently all my shots would come out with a higher noise ratio but only in the bottom left corner of my pictures. They explained to me it was a camera bug in the chip so they replaced it, no problem.

iPhone 4 rear camera blurry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.