Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing emails

I am using Mail Version 14.0 (3654.120.0.1.13) on BigSur 11.6 (Mac mini M1).

Recently, I had the same problem twice: I receive an email with some attachments; I move the email to another folder (once to a local folder, once back to inbox from the spam folder by clicking on the corresponding button on top of the email). Then my email fully disappears when closed. A search in Mail in all the accounts does not give anything.

In both cases, I had to figure out how to contact the sender to ask for a copy of the email.

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 11:08 AM

One point, if "moving" an email to an On My Mac box then the Server cannot see where it has gone, it can only see inside it's own realm, like other accounts or On My Mac stuff.

No telling what the Server will think of the disappeared eMail, but normally it marks it as Archived.

Way to prevent confusing is to first copy it to On My Mac box, then Delete it on the server.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 11:08 AM in response to taxipom

One point, if "moving" an email to an On My Mac box then the Server cannot see where it has gone, it can only see inside it's own realm, like other accounts or On My Mac stuff.

No telling what the Server will think of the disappeared eMail, but normally it marks it as Archived.

Way to prevent confusing is to first copy it to On My Mac box, then Delete it on the server.

Disappearing emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.