Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Built-in Microphone Not Working

Hello,

I am currently having a problem with my MacBook Pro built-in microphone.

• In the User Preferences menu. Every time I try to change the input level, it just goes right back to zero.

• Also checked Privacy & Security preferences as well. Approved list for using the built-in microphone for apps has all the approved apps I use the built-in microphone for.

Help, please?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 1:57 PM

Hello CKrizsa,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that the built-in microphone isn't working on your MacBook Pro. We're happy to look into this with you.

We recommend trying to adjust the input level and using the microphone while in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have already tried.

Have a nice day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 1:57 PM in response to CKrizsa

Hello CKrizsa,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that the built-in microphone isn't working on your MacBook Pro. We're happy to look into this with you.

We recommend trying to adjust the input level and using the microphone while in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have already tried.

Have a nice day!

MacBook Pro Built-in Microphone Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.