Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 is too dark!

Nach Englisch (US)  

I recently received my Apple Watch series 7 and I noticed that the maximum brightness is very dim in dark environments. I don't mean the always on brightness but the active brightness. I guess the problem exists since series 5/6 as I read it here. Is there no way to adjust this yourself? My series 4 is much brighter! This is a pity and for me a reason to send the watch back.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Try this. When you are in a darker environment and you see the watch may not be as bright as you'd like, put your hand on the watch face for a couple seconds blocking the light sensor. When you remove your hand, the watch should be brighter. Also, check to make sure in Control Center, you don't have Theater Mode turned on. The watch in Theater Mode will be less bright on purpose.

To find Control Center, slide up from the bottom of the watch face. Theater Mode icon has two faces one smiling one frowning.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 4:50 PM in response to Marcopfe

Try this. When you are in a darker environment and you see the watch may not be as bright as you'd like, put your hand on the watch face for a couple seconds blocking the light sensor. When you remove your hand, the watch should be brighter. Also, check to make sure in Control Center, you don't have Theater Mode turned on. The watch in Theater Mode will be less bright on purpose.

To find Control Center, slide up from the bottom of the watch face. Theater Mode icon has two faces one smiling one frowning.

Nov 14, 2021 3:51 PM in response to Marcopfe

This is not a problem on my Series 7, which seems to be running with the Brightness slider set about 50%. (Watch app / My Watch / Display & Brightness). It is charging right now so not convenient to take the watch into darkness and check, but I have noticed it can be annoyingly bright even when auto dimmed for dark ambient light.

Check the settings for Brightness.

Check your watch is fully updated to latest software (WatchOS 8.1)

Check with a different watch face just in case there is something strange about your current choice of face.

Apple Watch Series 7 is too dark!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.