Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reply to "Hide my email" does not work

I always get an error "Cannot send message using the server iCloud" when replying to emails received with an hide my email address. I tried to use mail on my MacBook, Mail on my iPhone and always get the same result. If I try to use the web interface of iCloud I can sent a response, but it will not get delivered, instead I get a "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" email from "Mail Delivery System <postmaster@icloud.com>"

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 12:23 PM

Solved the problem on my own: the problem is, my account is very old, I have aliases with @mac.com, @me.com and @icloud.com. My initial account was USERNAME@mac.com, an alias I rarely use these days so it is not configured as an alias in my clients. But it’s the by default the Adresse where HideMyEmail messages get forwarded to und you can only reply if you send the with this alias as sender. But my default sender address is USERNAME@me.com.

so there are two solutions, add alias used for HME to known aliases in your client and use this alias as sender. Or change the address HME messages are forwarded to, to a known alias

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 12:23 PM in response to fahne

Solved the problem on my own: the problem is, my account is very old, I have aliases with @mac.com, @me.com and @icloud.com. My initial account was USERNAME@mac.com, an alias I rarely use these days so it is not configured as an alias in my clients. But it’s the by default the Adresse where HideMyEmail messages get forwarded to und you can only reply if you send the with this alias as sender. But my default sender address is USERNAME@me.com.

so there are two solutions, add alias used for HME to known aliases in your client and use this alias as sender. Or change the address HME messages are forwarded to, to a known alias

Reply to "Hide my email" does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.