Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t reply to comments in my posts

Every time I try to reply to something, I get this screen:

Even after I’ve just signed in. Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 5:38 AM

It certainly was true that, even if you were well above level 2, you couldn't post more than every 15 seconds. I would run into this when answering very simple questions in rapid succession. I haven't seen it in a while but I don't know if that's because the limit has been changed or if I've slowed down.

15 replies

Nov 24, 2021 3:00 PM in response to Craw1947

Craw1947 Said:

"Can’t reply to comments in my posts: Every time I try to reply to something, I get this screen:"

-------

Save the Text:

IMPORTANT: So nothing is lost, select everything and then copy it all, including the title, before signing out. Paste it back, once singed in, and you attempt another post. If using Monterey, just take a screenshot, and copy the words in the screenshot, and pasting them where required.

Nov 29, 2021 10:18 AM in response to Craw1947

Craw1947 wrote:

Ok that time it went through. Maybe it just needs a long time before trying again?

If you are a new forum member, there is a limit to how frequently you can post and how many posts you can make in a day. I don't believe that the specifics have ever been posted. The only one I know is that, at higher levels, you used to get a warning if you tried to post more than every 15 seconds. And, sometimes. the error messages are not exactly helpful.

Nov 30, 2021 5:27 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I remember that I was in level one, there was a limit to how many posts you can do in a certain time. I think it was: posting every 15ish seconds, and posting more than ten times in an hour. After it made me stop, I would come back 30 minutes later, and could post again.

I also found that once I reached level two, this stopped entirely, and there is no limit to my lists from what I can tell.

Nov 30, 2021 12:35 PM in response to Craw1947

Thank you, everyone! I suspect it must have been the time limit. I don’t come here very often (my Apples don’t give me much trouble), so I’m sure that must be it. Thanks for your time and help.

I take that all back! 😡 I signed in, typed this short thank you note, and pressed Post. Sure enough, same message telling me I’ve timed out and need to sign back in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Can’t reply to comments in my posts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.