Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbookair 2015 (Monterey) bluetooth doesn't work (unresponsive)

I can't turn on the bluetooth, it's just grey and doesn't react when i click on the activate slide. The hardware should be ok, as the Wi-Fi works (they are in the same chip). Anyone can help?

Info in system report:

Bluetooth Controller:

Address: NULL

State: Off

Chipset: BCM_4350C2

Discoverable: Off

Firmware Version: v0 c0

Product ID: 0x0001

Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >

Transport: USB

Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Best,

toscaV

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 4:12 AM

I thought I found the solution:

Anne Kraak commented in youtube this (to reset bluetooth after monterey update):

If the shift option doesn't work try this: Some users report that they don't see the "Reset the Bluetooth module" option on 12.0.1 version of macOS Monterey. If that's the case - another way to reset your Bluetooth is to open the Terminal and hit this command: sudo pkill bluetoothd

The bluetooth gets active but doesn't work..

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 4:12 AM in response to toscaViola

I thought I found the solution:

Anne Kraak commented in youtube this (to reset bluetooth after monterey update):

If the shift option doesn't work try this: Some users report that they don't see the "Reset the Bluetooth module" option on 12.0.1 version of macOS Monterey. If that's the case - another way to reset your Bluetooth is to open the Terminal and hit this command: sudo pkill bluetoothd

The bluetooth gets active but doesn't work..

Nov 27, 2021 4:21 AM in response to toscaViola

I just waited a bit and it seemed to need some time to load. Now IT WORKS!!!

I think the problem was the monterey update. As long as your wi-fi works, the hardware should be fine, as it is in the same chip.

Even the technician at the apple store couldn't come up with the solution. He told me to replace the chip or buy an external BT usb adapter.

Dec 6, 2021 7:29 PM in response to toscaViola

I have the same issue since I upgraded to Monterey (couple hours ago). Bluetooth won't work and I am working from home due to COVID-19 Pandemics. The lack of Bluetooth makes it harder for me to work since I have many devices connected such as Mouse, Keyboard and earphones to enter calls that get noisy with built-in mic or speakers.

I've had this notification of "system update" on my Mac for a while and chose to ignore it. And now that I finally installed it, it is buggy. Apple should test its software in all supported devices because I wouldn't install Monterey if it was not supported.

I have tried the following commands that I found in the internet already:

sudo kill -9 $(pgrep bluetoothd)

sudo pkill bluetoothd

The first command makes it possible for me to turn the bluetooth on but no devices are shown and in the System Report, I still see:

Discoverable: Off

I guess, I will try to buy an external Bluetooth hardware tomorrow even though I know that this is a software-related issue, I cannot wait until Apple decides to fix this for Retina MacBooks, its not their most recent device, so I guess no priority here.

macbookair 2015 (Monterey) bluetooth doesn't work (unresponsive)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.