Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted Apple TV+ app from my Apple TV

Out of nowhere the Apple TV+ on one of my TVs (that has an Apple TV box attached) says I no longer have a subscription. But I do on my other TVs and my other Apple devices. So I decided let me delete the app and reinstall it.

Not a smart move. I can’t find it to reinstall. I went to the App Store and all it shows me as an option is Apple TV+ screeners.

I hope someone can tell me what to do. Thanks

help. How do I get it back!!!

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 8:15 AM

The TV app on the Apple TV box can’t be deleted. It could get moved to a new position on the home screen, or maybe inside a folder, but wouldn’t have a delete option like third party apps have.

The TV app on the Apple TV box might be unavailable for accounts that have a billing address for a country where the Apple TV app isn’t supported.

Subscriptions are for an account, and thereby separate from devices or apps. Verify that the currently active Apple ID account has the subscription. If the device has multiple accounts, then verify that it is switched to the account with the subscription.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 8:15 AM in response to wencapy

The TV app on the Apple TV box can’t be deleted. It could get moved to a new position on the home screen, or maybe inside a folder, but wouldn’t have a delete option like third party apps have.

The TV app on the Apple TV box might be unavailable for accounts that have a billing address for a country where the Apple TV app isn’t supported.

Subscriptions are for an account, and thereby separate from devices or apps. Verify that the currently active Apple ID account has the subscription. If the device has multiple accounts, then verify that it is switched to the account with the subscription.

Jan 13, 2022 2:06 PM in response to wencapy

the current app is just the Apple TV. But before the app said Apple TV+.how do I get that one back.

On the Apple TV box, there is just the TV app. The TV app has a tab for tv+, as a Channel within the app.

On certain smart TVs, there may be an Apple TV+ app, as a dedicated app for just the Channel. If you have the Apple TV app, then you get Apple TV+ and much more. The Plus version is actually less.

Jan 13, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Urquhart1244

That was very helpful. I did find the Apple TV app Hidden in a folder. I dragged it out. I open it and go to appletv+ at the top I can know access all the Apple plus content. Where before it was telling me I needed a subscription. When I knew I already had a subscription. so that is all good.

the current app is just the Apple TV. But before the app said Apple TV+.how do I get that one back.

Accidentally deleted Apple TV+ app from my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.