Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rotating ONE photo takes a solid minute

I'm asking this because all searched topics for this result in dead threads with no answer. When I rotate a photo in my Photos app (ONE PICTURE), it takes a solid minute or longer to rotate. The pop-up that appears during this does say "Rotating photos" as in plural, but it's always just for one. This occurs at all times, regardless of which Mac I perform this on. I also have 4TB, but it's still downloading my library, so it could be that it's an issue with downloading it from the cloud first. Nonetheless, this is aggravating, and I hope there's a simple fix. I feel like there are so many basic things Photos cannot do quickly, which is why I'm at this point where I bought a 4TB MBP to download all my pictures to move them to another service.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 2:50 PM

If the photo you are workign with is not yet on your mac then it must be dowloaded. If your mac is - at the same time - syning with iCloud, then that can take some time.

While your mac is still downloading I would suggest forcing a download of the images you want to work with into your library (prior to working with them) by doing a file>export on them and making a cup of tea or somthing while that completes. When they have exported they should also be local on your machine for editing without further delay. You can delete the exported version - that was just a means of forcing a download to your library.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 2:50 PM in response to Zzyxer

If the photo you are workign with is not yet on your mac then it must be dowloaded. If your mac is - at the same time - syning with iCloud, then that can take some time.

While your mac is still downloading I would suggest forcing a download of the images you want to work with into your library (prior to working with them) by doing a file>export on them and making a cup of tea or somthing while that completes. When they have exported they should also be local on your machine for editing without further delay. You can delete the exported version - that was just a means of forcing a download to your library.

Rotating ONE photo takes a solid minute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.