Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Does my mouse lag?

I have a MacBook Air M1 2021 and I Have mouse lag I updated it to macOS Monterey but it does not work. please how do I fix it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 7:55 AM

I'm having the same issue, and these canned replies of booting into "Safe mode" are trash.

7 replies

Feb 16, 2022 10:38 AM in response to kelum76

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Feb 21, 2022 11:52 AM in response to mfreeman451

No, they are not. In order to help, we need information.

Testing in Safe Mode provides relevant information.

More often than not, the problems that prompted users to come here do not occur in Safe Mode. This is a clear indication that the problem is with third party software that does not load in Safe Mode.

Also, just restarting in Safe Mode can solve issues that are caused by corrupted cache files, since they are deleted in the process.

You don’t get much good will by dismissing oug if hand the advice given by people like Old Toad who has helped thousands of fellow users over the years (hint: level Ten)

Why Does my mouse lag?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.