Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not calling numbers with a pause in the number

Hi, recently calls fail when instigated using Siri where the stored number has a pause (,) in it. Not a problem previously and the number dials correctly if I don’t use Siri to instigate the call.

Any ideas??

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 12:48 PM

15 replies

Mar 30, 2022 8:43 AM in response to Scott___Siriquestion

I have the same issue. Unfortunately I first noticed it after upgrading to the 2022SE so I can't tell if it's related to the new phone or the new iOS. Old phone did not have this issue with iOS 15.3.1 while new phone has this issue with 15.4. Did this start after you updated to 15.4? If so, I suspect it's an iOS bug but not sure how to report it.

Apr 5, 2022 9:40 PM in response to Maky29

I tried editing an existing number with pounds and pauses. When I removed the pound keys, Siri was able to dial the number immediately. When I added them back, Siri just froze, as if waiting for something to happen, for about a minute.

I also tried editing an existing number with no pauses or pounds. I added a pause, and it still dialed. I added a pound at the end, and Siri froze, waiting again. Then I moved the pound to the middle, and it still froze. I removed the pounds altogether, and Siri was able to dial the number again immediately.

This could be a critical function for some people, since many voicemail systems require the caller to press pound to move through their systems. Manually pressing pound adds a great deal of time and inconvenience, to say the least.

EDIT: The dialing with pound numbers worked until roughly a week ago, wen I upgraded to iOS 15.4(19E241) on an iPhone 11

Siri not calling numbers with a pause in the number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.