Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use the Apple Wallet App without attaching a credit card to it.

How can I use the Apple Wallet App on a new iphone without attaching a credit card to it: I only use the app to keep tickets etc safe. On my old iphone I use it without any CC. But on a new phone the app will not leave the app store without CC details being entered, although my new tickets are in it already.

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 1:45 PM

The App Store and the Wallet App are 2 different things. That the App Store is asking for a valid payment method is not directly tied to the Wallet App.

You can if you have a credit card added to the Wallet App use it for the App Store, which is why it suggests you add one to the Wallet app, but you can totally use the Wallet App without a credit or debit card added and still add a credit or debit card to your Apple ID for App Store and iTunes Store purchases.

If your Apple ID is requiring a payment method, then you must provide one, there is no way around this, but again this has no bearing on how you use the Wallet App. You can add the payment method for the stores without affecting the Wallet App at all by following the steps here: link->Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Once its been added and verified it can be removed and should not ask for it again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 1:45 PM in response to Yetanotherjohn

The App Store and the Wallet App are 2 different things. That the App Store is asking for a valid payment method is not directly tied to the Wallet App.

You can if you have a credit card added to the Wallet App use it for the App Store, which is why it suggests you add one to the Wallet app, but you can totally use the Wallet App without a credit or debit card added and still add a credit or debit card to your Apple ID for App Store and iTunes Store purchases.

If your Apple ID is requiring a payment method, then you must provide one, there is no way around this, but again this has no bearing on how you use the Wallet App. You can add the payment method for the stores without affecting the Wallet App at all by following the steps here: link->Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Once its been added and verified it can be removed and should not ask for it again.

Apr 5, 2022 1:24 PM in response to Yetanotherjohn

But on a new phone the app will not leave the app store without CC details being entered

What do you mean?

Try this: Use App Library to search Wallet app, see this Apple article:

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support           

If you have find Wallet app, tap & hold on the app, then drag to the Home screen & drop it.

How can I use the Apple Wallet App without attaching a credit card to it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.