Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blank page came out. But it works on my old mac (sierra 10.something) any suggestions?

When I tried to print something on my new MacBookPro on my Brother computer (HL-L2340D) the printer started, a message in the printer window said, receiving data, but when I pressed print, a blank page came out. I am able to print on my 12 year old Mac--Sierra, 10.something. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 5:37 AM

Hi,

Would this be the Brother HL-L2340DW? If so, it is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a supported model. An AirPrint-enabled printer can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Brother also recommends using AirPrint for this printer with macOS 12 Monterey.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/spec.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hll2340dw_us_eu_as

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 5:37 AM in response to Linda Lerner

Hi,

Would this be the Brother HL-L2340DW? If so, it is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a supported model. An AirPrint-enabled printer can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Brother also recommends using AirPrint for this printer with macOS 12 Monterey.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/spec.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hll2340dw_us_eu_as

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

blank page came out. But it works on my old mac (sierra 10.something) any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.