Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac microphone not working right

Hi, I hope someone can help, I have tried everything I could find online! My MacBook is 2017 , recently updated. The microphone stopped working in the middle of a zoom meeting. It no longer works on

zoom,

voice memo recorder

settings.

Yet It works perfectly for

Siri,

dictation

online microphone checker.

I have done all the stuff that has been recommended. Updated, restarted, pram, checked that all the relevant settings are ticked. I am at a loss now and have no idea what is wrong. It would be easier to understand if it wasn't working at all, but it does. Siri can answer anything but tells me he can hear me ok when I ask him! ZOOM is important and it is getting embarrassing. Ny help would be very much appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 7:40 AM

Hello supargran,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. Let's see if your mic will work in safe mode. This will rule out third party apps, plugins, and extensions as the cause, and can sometimes solve the issue when restarting regularly.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

How to start to safe mode will depend on your processor. Please follow the link to help identify and start to safe mode accordingly.

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 7:40 AM in response to supargran

Hello supargran,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. Let's see if your mic will work in safe mode. This will rule out third party apps, plugins, and extensions as the cause, and can sometimes solve the issue when restarting regularly.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

How to start to safe mode will depend on your processor. Please follow the link to help identify and start to safe mode accordingly.

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

mac microphone not working right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.