Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I keep my Apple Pencil 2 charging on my iPad Air all day?

How long can I keep my Apple Pencil 2 charged? Can I keep my Apple Pencil 2 charging my iPad Air all day?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 18, 2022 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 2:59 PM

Keeping your second generation Apple Pencil docked with your extended periods will not harm your Pencil - in fact, keeping the Pencil docked with its host iPad whenever it is not being actively used is recommended. Doing so will keep the Pencil optimally charged - and will protect its battery from damage.

The tiny internal Li-ion battery is susceptible to permanent/irreversible damage through being left discharged for long periods. Even some “new” pencils can exhibit signs of failure out-of-the-box if they are “old stock”.  It is essential that if you have an Apple Pencil that you charge it regularly - whether used or not - so as to protect the battery from deep-discharge. You should not allow a pencil to remain in low-charge state for any period of time - as the internal battery will fail, rendering the Pencil useless. Setting aside an unused Pencil, for extended periods, is a recipe for premature death of the Pencil battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 2:59 PM in response to SapFear

Keeping your second generation Apple Pencil docked with your extended periods will not harm your Pencil - in fact, keeping the Pencil docked with its host iPad whenever it is not being actively used is recommended. Doing so will keep the Pencil optimally charged - and will protect its battery from damage.

The tiny internal Li-ion battery is susceptible to permanent/irreversible damage through being left discharged for long periods. Even some “new” pencils can exhibit signs of failure out-of-the-box if they are “old stock”.  It is essential that if you have an Apple Pencil that you charge it regularly - whether used or not - so as to protect the battery from deep-discharge. You should not allow a pencil to remain in low-charge state for any period of time - as the internal battery will fail, rendering the Pencil useless. Setting aside an unused Pencil, for extended periods, is a recipe for premature death of the Pencil battery.

Can I keep my Apple Pencil 2 charging on my iPad Air all day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.