Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use iPhone to simultaneously play music on a bedroom speaker and other music via wired headphones?

Hi folks,

I need to be able to do the following two things SIMULTANEOUSLY from my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Can someone tell me whether - and how - this is possible:

1. Stream a track from Apple Music to a speaker in my bedroom - my kid falls asleep to it

2.Listen to a podcast via the iOS Podcast app via wired headphones connected to my iPhone

If I use Spotify this works. I can use Spotify to play music on my kid's bedroom speaker, while listening to a podcast with wired headphones at the same time.

I liked the look of Apple Music and wanted to switch to it but it seems that I can't do these things simultaneously with it. I can do one or the other, but not both.

What I want:

iPhone music source #1 (Apple Music) >> Bedroom speaker

iPhone music source #2 (Podcast App) >> Wired headphones

Is this possible? I believe the bedroom speaker is only compatible with Airplay 1.

Any advice much appreciated!

Andrew

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 5:36 AM

No, not possible.

1 reply

Can you use iPhone to simultaneously play music on a bedroom speaker and other music via wired headphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.