Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate app icons for Settings on my iPhone 12

For some reason, I have the Settings icon (that grey cog wheel) twice on my iphone 12. One was inside a folder. I don't know if I created it, and, if I did, how did I do it? I've had the iPhone since the 3 and never had this happen. Can I just delete one safely? Thanks for your help!

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 8:17 PM

You can have duplicate icons on your Home Screen. You could get such a thing if you thought you had lost the icon, then dragged it out again from the App Library.

You can 'remove' one or both icons.. you can't actually delete the Settings app. Even if you removed both of them, you'd still be able to search for Settings and open it from the App Library

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2022 8:17 PM in response to Lexus80

You can have duplicate icons on your Home Screen. You could get such a thing if you thought you had lost the icon, then dragged it out again from the App Library.

You can 'remove' one or both icons.. you can't actually delete the Settings app. Even if you removed both of them, you'd still be able to search for Settings and open it from the App Library

Duplicate app icons for Settings on my iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.