Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop the ability to ‘ignore limit’ on screen time.

Both of my daughters are able to ignore the limits I have set on their screen time.

So far I have:

• checked that the ‘block at downtime’ is selected on all devices and within eat setting
  • checked that the ‘block at limit’ is selected on all devices
  • checked everyone is running the most up to date IOS
  • turned all the phones off and back on again
  • checked no relevant apps are on the always allowed list

I don’t understand why this option exsists. You set a limit for a reason and this should not be able to be ignored by the children in the set up.

Has anyone managed to find a permanent fix to this problem?

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:53 AM

The steps you've already tried are all good ones. Is it perhaps possible that your daughters know the Screen Time code? If they do, they could easily bypass the limit and continue using the app(s) in question. You may want to try changing the password. Instructions can be found here under 'How to reset the Screen Time passcode for your child's device' - If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Alternatively, have you tried disabling Screen Time, then re-enabling it? Another thing to try is blocking the entire category of the relevant app (such as Social, Games, etc.) as a test to see if it works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 1:53 AM in response to Mayfield31

The steps you've already tried are all good ones. Is it perhaps possible that your daughters know the Screen Time code? If they do, they could easily bypass the limit and continue using the app(s) in question. You may want to try changing the password. Instructions can be found here under 'How to reset the Screen Time passcode for your child's device' - If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Alternatively, have you tried disabling Screen Time, then re-enabling it? Another thing to try is blocking the entire category of the relevant app (such as Social, Games, etc.) as a test to see if it works.

Stop the ability to ‘ignore limit’ on screen time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.