Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Bar flickering

MacbookPro 2020, Touch Bar started flickering and won't stop.

I've been looking for answers to this issue and can't find anything helpful. I tried recommendations to force-quit it via terminal and other suggestions, but it just continues to flicker.

Can I turn it off? Why is it suddenly flickering?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 7:44 AM

toddfromla wrote:

I've been looking for answers to this issue and can't find anything helpful. I tried recommendations to force-quit it via terminal and other suggestions, but it just continues to flicker.

Intel— try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

and resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

if M1/M2— No SMC or NVRAM on the M1 SoC.

The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

If no resolve try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 7:44 AM in response to toddfromla

toddfromla wrote:

Intel— try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

and resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

if M1/M2— No SMC or NVRAM on the M1 SoC.

The best you can do if you have an issue— equivalent Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal.

If no resolve try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

Touch Bar flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.