Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple iD region

Hi Team,

i’m trying to change my apple id to a new region. As I just moved out from my country. The problem is.. i’ve an active subscription (icloud storage). Surfing on the internet I found out that the only way to do it is cancel my subscription change region and then re-subscribe (apple being apple 🤷‍♂️).

when doing this would I be forced to use a payment method from the new (current) region? Or can I still use the same credit card from my previous region?

Also what would happen with the apps from my previous region (ex banks apps) that are not available in the new region? Would I be able to keep using them and update them?

I wonder why you have this region limitations on your app store.. It’s super dumb.. it doesn’t makes sense in today’s global world.

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 7:20 PM

You need to use a payment method from the new (current) region.

You would be able to keep using the apps from the previous region, but you wouldn't be able to update them if they aren't available in the new region.

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 7:20 PM in response to marcos90s

You need to use a payment method from the new (current) region.

You would be able to keep using the apps from the previous region, but you wouldn't be able to update them if they aren't available in the new region.

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Oct 5, 2022 10:28 AM in response to marcos90s

Why can't you use the apps you want? You may not be able to update them if the version of the app in the new country is different than the version you have.

Oct 5, 2022 4:52 AM in response to Eric Root

So basically, If I want to travel in a Country for a few months and you need some apps that are only available in this new country/region.. Apple gives you this 4 options:

1) not being able to use the apps I want

2) opening a local bank account (is not alway easy or posible) just to be able to keep using my iCloud storage subscription and the apps on the new region but not being able to use my original country/region apps or not being able to update them with the security risk that that means.

3) not opening a bank account but not being able to use extra icloud storage in this new region + not being able to use my original country/region apps or not being able to update them with the security risk that that means.

Yeah super will designed! Thanks apple

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 5, 2022 7:45 PM in response to Eric Root

I can’t use the apps I want because I’ve to change region, to do that I need to cancel my iCloud subscription, and re-do it with a local payment method that I don’t have..

and even if I do it I would loose the updates of the apps that are only available in my origin country (ex local banks).

and If I don’t do any of this.. I can’t use the apps I want either 🤷‍♂️.

so yeah.. whatever it’s the way it is.. I’d have to survive without the apps.

best,

marcos

Change Apple iD region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.