Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri is using no sound as a default for setting an alarm

When I ask Siri to “set an alarm for 6am” she creates the alarm with no sound enabled. I saw a previous answer from Apple on this that suggested creating an alarm with a sound (I used the default radar) and then Siri is supposed to use that for the next alarm but this doesn’t work. It always creates alarms with no sound. I’m on iOS 16.0.03

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 2:39 PM

Hi mapsonburt,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about setting alarms. We're happy to help. After Siri sets the alarm, are you able to go in and edit the sound? If so, does the alarm go off with sound at that point?

We would like to have you work through the steps below to resolve this:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and tap to turn off 'Listen for "Hey Siri" , Press side Button for Siri, and Allow Siri When Locked
  2. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Go back to Settings > Siri & Search and enabled all those Siri options once more. After setting Siri back up, try setting an alarm again.

Let us know how it goes with those steps.

Thanks.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 2:39 PM in response to mapsonburt

Hi mapsonburt,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about setting alarms. We're happy to help. After Siri sets the alarm, are you able to go in and edit the sound? If so, does the alarm go off with sound at that point?

We would like to have you work through the steps below to resolve this:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and tap to turn off 'Listen for "Hey Siri" , Press side Button for Siri, and Allow Siri When Locked
  2. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Go back to Settings > Siri & Search and enabled all those Siri options once more. After setting Siri back up, try setting an alarm again.

Let us know how it goes with those steps.

Thanks.

Oct 27, 2022 5:33 PM in response to mapsonburt

I did try all of those steps and even re-setup Siri and it still doesn’t select a sound when creating an alarm even though my default alarm (the only one I have on my iPhone now) has a sound.

To be clear, I say “Hey Siri, set an alarm for 6:30am”. She responds back that the 6:20AM alarm has been created. When I open the alarm and look at the details, it shows sound set to None. Very easy to reproduce.

Siri is using no sound as a default for setting an alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.