Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen Iphone

My phone was stolen, can very good technicians unlock my phone (I locked my iphone from icloud) with all my files still on it? or the only option they can do to use the stolen iphone is to factory reset it and all the files will be deleted?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 7:27 PM

Alex1241 Said:

"Stolen Iphone: My phone was stolen, can very good technicians unlock my phone (I locked my iphone from icloud) with all my files still on it? or the only option they can do to use the stolen iphone is to factory reset it and all the files will be deleted?"

-------

For Reference...

Troubleshooting a Stollen iPhone:

Do Two Things:

A. Verify this Device:

Verify that you the device is logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 7:27 PM in response to Alex1241

Alex1241 Said:

"Stolen Iphone: My phone was stolen, can very good technicians unlock my phone (I locked my iphone from icloud) with all my files still on it? or the only option they can do to use the stolen iphone is to factory reset it and all the files will be deleted?"

-------

For Reference...

Troubleshooting a Stollen iPhone:

Do Two Things:

A. Verify this Device:

Verify that you the device is logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Dec 7, 2022 7:24 PM in response to Alex1241

The thief will have to restore the iPhone back to factory settings and that will erase all of the data on the iPhone. Do not remove the the device from under your Apple ID. This is because if you leave it under your Apple ID, then no one else will be able to use that iPhone because it will continue to have an Activation Lock on it.

Axel F.

Dec 7, 2022 7:35 PM in response to Alex1241

The thief cannot jailbreak the iPhone until s/he is into the iPhone and to get into the iPhone s/he will have to reset and erase it. Once the iPhone is erased then s/he will face the Activation Lock.

In the end, the short answer is if the thief wants to jailbreak the iPhone then s/he will have to erase the iPhone first and get past the Activation Lock.

Axel F.

Stolen Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.