Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOs Notes text color fades

when I open Notes on macOS, all the text in all my notes has faded to a washed out version of the color I originally typed it in.....black turns to grey.....red turns to light red, etc......even when I manually change it back and close the app and reopen it......faded again.....anybody know how to fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 4:13 AM

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 4:13 AM in response to jynxtattoos

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Dec 14, 2022 2:39 PM in response to jynxtattoos

Safe Mode is one of there Most Basic of Basic Trouble shooting method and does not require a Rocket Scientist with A PhD is Astro Physics to perform this simple task.

Respect the choices but at same time a little work on the part of the user may save a lot of time and disappoints when things do not go right.

You choice

Good Luck with this computer issue

MacOs Notes text color fades

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.