Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roland TD-11 with macOS Ventura 13.0.1 on MacBook Air

Roland TD-11 w macOS Ventura 13.0.1 on MacBook Air, Roland driver (re-)installed.

For years now I listen YouTube music in the headphones connected to my TD-11. The Roland module is connected via USB to the Mac, so I can play drums on the music.

Recently - it might be MacOs update causing the problem - I can still hear the

music from the mac that way, but I can't hear my drums anymore: only the first drum shot then silence.

The drums (midi I suppose) are silenced as soon I connect the USB cable into the mac.

Sometimes I have to poweroff the TD11 by hand, I mean disconnect the power cord, because the poweroff button of the TD11 doesn't respond.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 8:02 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 28, 2023 3:02 PM in response to BernieFromBelgium

Hi BernieFromBelgium,

We appreciate you posting in Apple Support Communities.

Since updating your MacBook Air's software, have you checked to see if there are any updates for the Roland TD-11? We recommend reaching out to their support to make sure everything is still compatible, and no issues with macOS 13. We took a look and found the link to their support site. Roland - Support

Reach back out to us if you need us.

Take care!

Jan 29, 2023 11:10 AM in response to BernieFromBelgium

Understood BernieFromBelgium,

What we'd recommend is checking in with Roland directly to see if they have some troubleshooting insight. As it's a third-party product, they'll be in the best place to help troubleshoot. They do also have some troubleshooting information at SUPPORT FOR MACOS VENTURA (MACOS 13).

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Roland TD-11 with macOS Ventura 13.0.1 on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.