Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Ultra Trail Loop Band Clicks in and out of the Watch body.

The metal/titanium piece where the trail loop connects to my Apple Watch Ultra doesn't fit the body snug and clicks in and out when I touch it. Not left and right but in and out. The band shouldn't disconnect from the watch body because of the way the watch body receiver part is tapers but the other side of the watch does click and my wife's Ultra does not do it on either side.

My concern is the pin on the watch body may be too small or may be worn down over time by the friction. I called Apple support and they said they have never heard of that. I took it to the Apple store and it was so busy and loud that the customer service people couldn't hear/see what I was talking about. I have replaced the trail loop twice and it still does it on one side.

My question: Is this normal? Am I overreacting about this and also has anyone else experienced this with the Ultra? I just feel that the band connectors that connect to the watch body should be snug with little to not movement and without the pin clicking. Any guidance or replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 12:51 AM

I would not say that is normal for a Watch designed for extreme sports, and as you say it is not like your wife's Ultra. This is a top-end model.

You ought to reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or try a less busy time and make an appointment here

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 12:51 AM in response to Jeremyg00

I would not say that is normal for a Watch designed for extreme sports, and as you say it is not like your wife's Ultra. This is a top-end model.

You ought to reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or try a less busy time and make an appointment here

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple Watch Ultra Trail Loop Band Clicks in and out of the Watch body.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.