Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to permanently delete an entry from Application Notifications list in Notifications in System Settings

A website I visited has added itself to the Application Notifications list in the System Settings Notification. There is no application on my Mac so I have no idea how it was added to an application list.

How do I REMOVE the entry from the list? I have set "Allow notifications" to Off. Now I want to remove the website from the list completely. I've searched my Mac (with System Files Are Included) for any reference to the website and there is nothing. This is baffling and annoying. There doesn't seem to be any way to delete the entry from the list.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 1:37 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 1, 2023 2:05 PM in response to stephen435

Care to share a Screen Shot of this unknown Application appearing the System Setting >> Notifications ?

Perhaps we can assist on this issue if we see it

I am aware of some Websites Adding itself to Safari >> Setting >> Notification

Below is Safari >> Website >> Notification

Below that image is a image of System Setting >> Notifications

Apr 3, 2023 1:40 PM in response to stephen435

stephen435 wrote:

Why does it matter? The entry is from a website that has no corresponding application.

To be frank about this - it matters little to my computers ( 4 ) as they do not have this issue

Without some idea what Application is the offending actor, it is basically a " Roll of the Dice "

We want to assist.

So help yourself by helps use with the requested information

User choice

Apr 6, 2023 1:02 PM in response to stephen435

stephen435 wrote:

This was not helpful. See the helpful tip below. And it's not nice to be snippy.

Yes I have seen it and it looks very much like a previous suggestion " Below is Safari >> Website >> Notification "

Yes is missing the word Remove but it would see logical to get rid of the offending Notification

For that I am sorry

Taking the High Road - as lest the Author of this question seems to have solve their Computer problem

How to permanently delete an entry from Application Notifications list in Notifications in System Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.